Ways to keep your information safe.
- Know that most providers you do business with, including ALPHA, will never reach out to you to ask for your account access credentials
- Never give out your account access credentials such as passwords, user ID, security questions, digit password for Ebanking, PIN, or any passcode delivered via text
- Be aware of scams that request personal information through calls, direct mail, emails or texts
We urge you to carefully and regularly check your statements and reconcile your accounts daily. Please call us immediately if you notice any unusual activity on your account.
- Keep your mobile device secure.
- Keep your mobile device’s operating system, software and apps up to date
- Set up a password for your device and lock it when not in use
- Don’t install or run any app or program on your device unless it’s from a trusted source
- Be aware that when you “root” or “jailbreak” a mobile device it voids the manufacturer built-in security, leaving your device vulnerable to malware attacks, which hackers can use to access your personal information
Safeguard your internet access.
- Be cautious using public Wi-Fi, as even reputable hotspots can be compromised
- Install and regularly update anti-virus software on your desktop, laptop and mobile devices
- If you use text banking and lose your device, be sure to update your text banking profile in ALPHA Online Banking
Be careful with your sensitive Information.
- Log out when finished using online banking
- Never store personal or financial information, including passwords, on your device or computer
- Don’t click links in spam emails or links in suspicious emails.
- Monitor your financial statements regularly for unexplained activity and promptly dispute any activity that looks suspicious.
- Use a dedicated computer for online banking that’s not used for any other purpose
- Update antivirus software and operating systems on all devices
- Don’t log in to online banking using public Wi-Fi hotspots
- Always log out of online banking when you have completed your transactions